Friday, January 22, 2010

45 minutes to Colognia, Uruguay





I never expected to visit Uruguay on this trip. It actually did not cross my mind. However I learned I could hop on a ferry and literally be in another country in more or less 45 minutes... it happened to be the most beautiful, tranquil town I have ever experienced in my life. I went for only one night. And to be honest I wasn't sure why I was going or where I was going to stay... or even what to expect. I simply wanted to travel to an entire new existence by ferry.

Beautiful... the experience, the ease it took to get there, and most important the people of Uruguay.

I stepped off the Ferry in Colongnia Uruguay... the most gentle, amicable, and comforting town that has ever come into my life. wow. For a half of a day, i experienced pure and utter peace. No rush. No stress. No judges. Life and humanity. wow... I later took the bus to the capital, Montevideo, where I stayed for the night and met with a friend I met at the hotel in Buenos Aires. I was there such a short time, but it was lovely and fun and ultimately exciting. The wonders of traveling never disappear. Life is too grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment