Thursday, December 24, 2009

Preparations, beaches, wine, PHILTER... and Christmas eve!






I arrived back in Valparaiso on Monday and I have been helping Jeannette and the family prepare for the wedding. (well as much as I can!)  Jeannettes condo is awesome, but now it is filled to the brim with her family... so needless to say it is not as relaxing as it was once upon a time. hehe. 
Jeannette and her family are from North Carolina... I must say it is awesome to get to know another culture apart from the LA norm.  Sometimes I wonder if I really would rather have "the simple life." To be honest, I'm not sure.  

I have, however, realized how lucky I am to be doing what I do for a career. "So how exactly do you organize and produce these events?" seems to be such a popular question.  I guess it is different from the norm... This is all I have ever done since college so producing music events is just a normal day for me.

... Tuesday I went to Vina del mar to meet with Adrien and Janna once again.  We laughed so hard about our AWESOME jewelry store adventure on Sunday... they both study Spanish in Vina... Vina is basically just a beach town with high-rise condos and castles... hehe yes castles.  It's nice and relaxing, but there isn't too too much more that the town has to offer.  Adrien, Janna, and friends sat on the beach Tuesday afternoon sipping on rose in plastic cups filled with ice.  Sipping wine in the sun... seems to be pretty popular amongst us foreigners : - )  

I made it back to Jeannette's condo, finally had my fitting for my dress... and ate with Jeannette, Daniel (her fiance) and Fanny (Daniels mom - oh what a sweetheart)... 

Wednesday morning was spent at the Sheraton right on the water. Jeannette had her hair done while I relaxed in an oceanside cafe in the hotel.  Beauty surrounding me.

Now I sit here on Christmas eve relaxing in a really sweet cafe in Valpo in the hills (Cerro Alegre)... I guess this is where the foreigners hang out, but I still haven't seen many at all.  The hills are filled with art galleries, cafes, murals everywhere... I can't believe this is the first time I made it here. OMG my spanish is horrible though which is probably why everything is such a task.  No problemo though... that's the beauty of it all.

So so much has happened... the main point - I love my life. I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment