Sunday, December 27, 2009

Jeannette's day!




The wedding could not have been better... or Jeannette more beautiful... or Daniel more handsome! I'm not sure if it is the fact that I am in Chile or that the reception was in a beautiful vineyard filled with energetic and truly alive people, but this wedding was one that I feel lucky to have experienced! The ceremony took place in a beautiful church in a little town called Casablanca Chile. Short and sweet... but filled with love and laughter. I held back the tears as I stood to the left of Jeannette and Daniel with the rest of the bridesmaids. The priest spoke Latin hehe!... and a little spanish... Jeannette translated ~ lovely, lovely! Jeannette and Daniel filled the room with vibrations of love, life, and happiness.

Will something with the epitome of such goodness happen to me?

The reception. It was at a gorgeous vineyard in Casablanca with about 75 guests. Small, sweet, and simple!~ all friends and family... and no judges. Lovely. The guests arrived first where a courtyard was set up with a bar on one side and candy, masquerade masks and a dj booth on the other. We were offered wine, and pisco sours: ) We drank wine and cocktails until the bride and groom arrived followed by speeches by the guests. Although I'm a bit shy, I was cheered on to make one too! ha!

I sat down to dinner with Jeannette, Daniel, and the family. The food the most delicate... avocado salad, every kind of meat... wine, wine, and more wine. Wonderful. I've never seen Jeannette so happy and content. Daniel truly compliments her so well.

After dinner, we danced and danced until 4am. Chilean's definitely know how to party! For the first few hours the Dj played loads of Chilean songs.. fun fun! Masks, tails, and elements of costumes passed around to add to the party! Love this cultural identity.

I do not think Jeannette ever sat down!... well I guess I barely sat down either!
Every time I tried, I was pulled on to the dancefloor by one of Jeannett´s friends! LOL... quite honestly the best wedding I have ever, ever been apart of.

This is life. 

This is love. 

So so lucky to have experienced this.

No comments:

Post a Comment