Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sunday in Bellavista, Santiago









Sunday began as such an ordinary day. I woke up starving (after drinking copious amounts at LA Feria on saturday night!) Jonny and I decided to go eat at Bellavista where there are endless restaurants and high-end boutiques... We sat down and I ordered a tuna sandwich with a latte. I wasn't in the mood to talk and I was almost annoyed at the day (for some strange reason.) Jonny saw some friends who I paid no attention to who were sitting at the cafe next to us. After I finished my tuna sandwich (that had no mayo and only lemon - AWESOME!) they asked us to join them for some wine. we did. Two men, one French, one German... Tim and Earve (I think that's right)... Anyway they were absolutely hilarious. They began their day pondering over the market for the high-end boutique that Tim's girlfriend had just opened. 

The question of the day was "how do we get the people in the shop." "Should we serve high-end yogurt outside to lure them in?"  "Should we decorate the shop in delicate roses to give them "the experience" like no other?"... After my second glass of wine, Earve asked "would you like to join us for "a test" at the shop. I replied "of course!"  I want to experience "The experience!"

So we moved to the shop for a "test" literally around the corner. The sun was shining, the air very clear, and I was feeling not the tiny bit of annoyance - back to myself once again.  The end of such an ordinary Sunday began. Another bottle of wine followed us to the shop. The bottle resting on ice of course. The waiter from the cafe brought bottle after bottle after bottle to the shop. 

The shop beautiful, the name Galleria # something.... I should remember but they didn't have a name for the shop anywhere hehe.  I guess the shop isn't totally finished.

I tried on jewelry, sipped on wine, and lived the "experience."  Earve!!!...a complete character and exactly like I like them.  The question for him (stated by Jonny)... Is he gay or just French... or both!...haha

"Mary you must live the experience!"... I drank, laughed, sat in in the sun, tried on jewelry, and model... so many of the things I love to do.  I lived the experience. I felt the honesty. I loved the jewelry.

I must have been in the shop a good two hours before Janna and Adrian arrived. Janna was a model in Seoul who I actually knew (kind of) from Dennis (his ex-girlfriend to be exact.)... She quickly caught on to our little act... a drama almost! 

We tried on jewelry, modeled the jewelry... and drank wine of course... for at least 5 more hours! Yes I was literally in the shop for 8 hours! Big open windows, completely white decor, and passion. Passion for life, passion to live, passion to travel, passion to be open minded enough to be in a shop for 8 hours trying on jewelry. We must have had at the very least 10 bottles of wine... yes 10. 

The photos do not do justice to this amazingly unique, but lovely day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment